Monday 30 October 2017

Would you Bee lieve it....

 Bee-eater was seen from the Obs today an unexpected full Obs tick. Magic Mark joined me for a couple of hours before he had to leave for work and Stevie Makem turned up unexpectedly. I would not say Steve was lucky but he has great timing and something generally happens when he turns up like yesterdays White-billed Diver. Fos was a late entrant and we had a cracking Duck sea watch only spoilet by poor light. I headed back to my car and was talking to the wife but could see Fos was ringing me...Stevie Makem had only gone and found a Bee-eater on the edge of Shearwater. I ran to the Obs mound and prayed, Fos kept me informed 'it's perched' 'it's flying'...at last i saw it added it to my Obs list and headed round for video. Thanks guys
This is what we saw today in order of appearance

Monday 30th October 06.25-09.45 W2 1/8

Common Gull 115n 24s
Black h Gull 138n 63s
Red th Diver 15n 3s
Teal 62n
Manx Shearwater 1n
Mallard 32n 9s
Common Scoter 219n 1s
Cormorant 1n 32s
Long-tailed Duck 2n
Wigeon 50n
Goldeneye 196n 5s
Skylark 1s
Blackbird 1s
Curlew 3n
Eider 3n 2s
Redshank 3n
Great Northern Diver 1n 1s
Gannet 11n 2s
Shag 6n 10s
Velvet Scoter 5n
Dunlin 1n
Goosander 1s
Red br Merganser 2n
Shelduck 3n
Bonxie 1n
Bullfinch 2 west
Porpoise1s
Starling 5 in off
Pink footed Goose 5n
Tufted Duck 2n
Grey Heron 1s
Med Gull 1s 2nd w
Little Gull 1n 1st w
Bee-eater 1 in the nature reserve